Thursday, November 21, 2019

Blog 7 My Experience Collecting Data with GPS

For this lab we were asked to find and map the location of fire hydrants in Google Earth and make a map by uploading a CVS file to Arcgis Online. I used my phone's GPS application. It was very easy to read my cordinates with my phone's application. Creating a KML file and displaying it in Google Earth was also a simple process. 


Google Earth placed most of my hydrants in the middle of the streets. By using Google Earth ruler I estimate that most of my cordinates were off by 5 to 10 meters.

Uploading a CVS file to Arcgis Online was also a fast and simple process. My Map Arcgis Online




If you zoom in on my map you can see that Arcgis Online placed my hydrants closer to their actual positions.  I found this lab to be very user friendly and can imagine many ways to use this in many fields.

No comments:

Post a Comment